Find us on google maps:
The directions from Kandy Clock Tower to Kandy Cottage are as follows. Total driving distance: 2.1 km. (veediya is the Sinhala term for street)
- Start at the Central Clock Tower in the city of Kandy. Drive 200m onto Dalada Veediya in the direction of Cargills Supermarket.
- Turn left onto Kotugodella Veediya (a one-way street). This will be the second road to your left on Dalada Veediya, and opposite the Cargills Supermarket. Drive 0.6 km to the end of Kotugodella Veediya.
- Turn right on to Kande Veediya at the T junction which terminates Kotugodella Veediya. Drive less than 100m.
- Turn left on to D. S. Senanayake Veediya at the first junction on Kande Veediya. You will soon see Trinity College on your right. Drive 0.5 km. At the point the main road curves to the left is the end of D. S. Senanayake Veediya (and the beginning of Katugastota Road).
- Turn Right on to Old Matale Road (inclined upwards), at the end of D. S. Senanayake Veediya. Do not bear left on to Katugastota Road. Drive less than 100m.
- Turn Right on to Dhammadassi Mawatha. It is the first sharp elbow turn from Old Matale Road, and is fairly narrow. Drive 0.4 km till you reach a junction with a large tree in the centre.
- Proceed straight at the junction for 100m, passing the Temple entrance, and passing “Ananda Caterers” on your right. The road may seem to fork: the rightward path inclined upwards and the leftward inclined very slightly downwards.
- Proceed on the leftward path, which is the main road, for less than 100m. We are the first house on your right. You will only see the black gate and garage door from the road.
- Hurray! You have now arrived at Kandy Cottage: 160 Lady Gordon Drive, Kandy, Sri Lanka.